The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has announced its nominees for the Class of 2023.
The 15 bands/musicians up for induction are (alphabetically):
- Kate Bush - fourth nomination
- Sheryl Crow - first nomination, eligible since 2018
- Missy Elliott - first nomination, eligible since 2022
- Iron Maiden - second nomination
- Joy Division / New Order - first nomination, Joy Division eligible since 2003; New Order since 2006
- Cyndi Lauper - first nomination, eligible since 2009
- George Michael - first nomination, eligible since 2013
- Willie Nelson - first nomination, eligible since 1987
- Rage Against the Machine - fifth nomination
- Soundgarden - second nomination
- The Spinners - fourth nomination
- A Tribe Called Quest - second nomination
- The White Stripes - first time eligible
- Warren Zevon - first nomination, eligible since 1995
To become eligible for inclusion into the hallowed hall, an artist/band must have released their first commercial recording at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination.
You can vote now for whom you think is the most deserving through April 28th at Vote.RockHall.com. The Top 5 artists as voted on by the public will make up a list that will be counted along with the other ballots to determine the 2023 enshrinees.
Winners to be announced coming up in May along with the induction ceremony later this Fall.